Saturday, October 10, 2009

Zanatac money maker @ Walgreens week of 10/18/09

Many people get confused when I tell them that sometimes I buy stuff because I make money off doing so....Here's a Perfect example of what I mean:

Walgreens will be having a Register Reward deal the week of 10/18-10/24....

Buy 1 Zantac @ $8.99, Get $9 Register Rewards..... This means it's FREE because you get your money back that you spent, but you can only use it at Walgreens.....BUT!!!! If you use coupons on these type of deals you still get the full Register Reward amount, so:
Buy 1 Zantac @ $8.99
Use $5 Zantac Printable coupon HERE
Pay $3.99 +tax OOP (out of Pocket)
Get $9 Register Reward= FREE Zantac + $5 extra than what you paid

Now, some people tell me.... "But, you dont really need that stuff you buy" ...

True! but I DO need the extra $5.00. I can always find someone to give this product to if I don't need it. Lets just say for example in my case, I need lots of diapers for my son, but there are hardly ever any excellent deals on these...Well, this would be a great opportunity to get cheap ones. By buying this product for $4 out of my pocket, I turn it into $9 of Walgreens spending money (in a sense). Walgreens sells their Huggies Jumbo pack diapers for around $9, so I can take my $9 Register Reward I just earned , turn around and buy the diapers, so in my mind I just saved $5 on the diapers (about 45-50%). I plan on buying two since I can print 2 coupons from my computer, so I'll buy two packs of Huggies-Save $10 (after buying Zantac)-It's like a BUY 1 GET 1 FREE sale!!!!! Plus I'll have FREE heartburn remedy pills!
***Since I plan on using the Register Rewards I earn for Huggies, I'll also use the $2 Huggies printable coupons I told you about HERE & I'll save an extra $2 per pack!!! (I'll just have to find a cheap filler item to be able to use the RR & Huggies coupon). So, this is what my scenerio will look like:
Buy 2 Zantac (in 2 diff transactions to get 2 RRs)= $8 +tax OOP
End up w/ $18 RRs
Buy 2 Huggies Jumbo packs - $18-$20
Buy 2 cheap filler items preferably $1 ea
Subtotal=$20-$22
-COUPONS
-Use 2 $9 RRs from Zantac purchase
-Use 2 Huggies $2 printable coupons
=$0.00 +tax OOP
but in reality it was $8+tax OOP since I bought the Zantac...but that's for 2 jumbo packs of diapers, 2 packs of Zantac, & 2 filler items!!

Photobucket

No comments: