Friday, January 1, 2010

My Hopes for 2010...


I have been using coupons for years...but, I used to do what any regular person does: Clip only the few little coupons off the stuff I normally use, and buy the stuff w/ the coupons without waiting for sales to combine with them. I begun SERIOUS couponing Last March 2009, so it's been a little under a year, but I've already been able to score many FREE items & I've saved lots of money along the way. I've also been able to give some of my stockpile to my family.


I was thinking about something my mom told me a few months ago....I always tell her about the deals I score, and all the FREE stuff I get, and one day she says: "With all the stuff you get FREE, you must have lots of money saved up, since you don't spend much". So, that's when it hit me...Why don't I have "lots" of money saved up since I get all these great deals??? Isn't that the whole point??? HMMMM...I know I've told people, "The money I save using coupons is paying for my Car every month". (which in a sense is true) but, I should also have a nice little stack of cash going on as well....I have reason to believe that I've been over-spending in other (not so frugal) areas in my life.


I've decided to challenge myself a little this new year!!!! I'm going to TRY my hardest to put money aside and see how much I have at the end of this year...This stash will have to be separate from any emergency fund I might have or any other spending cash...this would kinda have to be...well, UNTOUCHABLE!!!! I have not decided exactly how I'm going to determine how much goes into this "fund", but maybe something like:


-put away 1/2 of the amount I saved on deals
(example: If I get something FREE w/ a coupon that's worth $2, I'll put aside $1)

OR

- Put away $1 for every money saving deal I make in 2010.


Also, I'm going to start keeping track of the money I save using coupons & keep a coupon count, I thought It'd be fun to see the work in progress, and the Year-end results. You can see I added the element on my right sidebar under my greeting. So far this year, I have 0 coupons used and $0 in coupon savings....


Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to post a pic of my new money stash, kinda like the one pictured above...LOL....stay tuned!!!! && Wish Me Luck..I'll Def need it!!!


Photobucket

No comments: