Sunday, April 24, 2011

Use your Penny Carefree pantiliner coupons @ Walmart, too!!!

If you were like me and waited a few days to go to Target for the penny pantiliners, you were probably welcomed by an empty shelf....yep, that's what happened to us yesterday...BUT, If I remembered correctly, Walmart will take competitors coupons as long as they were for a Specific item at a Specified price, I had my Walmart coupon policy in the car, so I whipped it out to double check....& Yes, Indeed!!! It clearly says they take coupons with those specifications...so we drove down the street to Walmart!!! Ahahahaha....

As we walked in, I stopped by the customer service desk to ask, and the lady said, "Yes, that should be ok". So, we went to the shelf...FULL AS CAN BE...we grabbed a few and to the checkout lanes we went, the cashier that helped us was really nice and could not believe the price, she almost passed out...lol. Actually, she said jokingly...?? <---is that a word?...anyway, she said "Let me ask cuz I don't want to get in trouble". with a huge smile on her face...but, the CSM in charge told her to just do it. When we were done, we asked if we could get more since we still had coupons, and she said "SURE, there's no limit, so if you have more coupons, you can use them". (I was pretty shocked at the coupon friendliness going on), while it lasted that is....




Once Jonathan ran back for a few more & returned, another cashier and CSM were there and right when he got up to the register, the [new] cashier said "Is that the Target coupons?, we can't take them". Jonathan told her it's on the coupon policy, and we just got some, but she said the CSM just told her NOT TO take them anymore. So, Jonathan got out of line and called corporate, and while the lady on the phone agreeing with him and was about to contact the store, the Rude CSM guy came over and said fine, they'll take them afterall....maybe since Jonathan had asked for his name because the corporate lady was asking who was denying the coupons. Anyhoo, we finished our crazy pantiliner trip, and headed home.



Since the penny Target coupon was included in the SmartSource that comes in the weekly junk mail inserts, we went in our local recycling bin, looking for inserts. We ended up gettting about 110 packages, total!!! Please don't yell at me, I didn't clear a shelf, plus it's Walmart...they get shipments everyday. hehe. And another plus, I use these everyday, so they won't go to waste...I hope that's not TMI??? LOL...




If you plan on trying this at Walmart, be sure to print yourself a copy of the Walmart Coupon Policy HERE to take along with you. I like the one at the bottom link "Download our Coupon Policy" since it has pictures and is clearer.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Just googled "Coupon saving in CA" and stumbled upon your blog!

I must say that was a GREAT deal for the Carefree pantiliners! I'm so envious because we don't see 1 cent coupons for Target up here in Sacramento. I remember reading somewhere about the fine print where they'd match a competitor's coupon as long as their price was stated.

Good read :)

Jessica said...

@ Misty!

Welcome! We're happy to have you here...so excited you found us while Googling... :)